San Jose, California
Attorney Alison Yew has been an attorney for 25 years and is the founder and owner of Yew Immigration Law Group, a P.C. Ms. Yew is a California State Bar certified specialist in immigration and nationality law in California; there are only two attorneys in Santa Clara who holds this (as of the writing of this bio). Focusing solely on immigration law, Ms. Yew provides astute legal representation for individuals seeking to live and work in the country lawfully, as well as employers who want guidance about hiring talent from foreign countries. Due to her contribution to and reputation in the community, Alison Yew has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers for the years 2018 and 2019.
While in law school at the University of San Francisco School of Law, Ms. Yew participated in moot court, and won an award the best moot court brief. She also served in criminal law clinic, and held an internship with the Hon. Kathryn W. Werdegar of the California Court of Appeal (Hon. Kathryn Werdegar is now a California Supreme Court Justice).
After earning her Juris Doctor in 1994, Attorney Yew worked as a civil litigation attorney. Before becoming the founder and owner of her own private firm in San Jose, Attorney Yew was a partner at one of the nation’s top 20 largest litigation law firms.
Attorney Yew is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California. She is a member of the State Bar of California, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and has been the vice president for Business Network International. She has also been a volunteer with the AILA Artesia Pro Bono Legal Defense tam, and has written and lectured widely. Attorney Yew is renowned as a leader in her discipline, and has been recognized for her pro bono work, as well as her high standards of professionalism and service.
Areas Of Practice
- Business/Employment Based Green Cards
- Temporary/Work and Study Visas
- Family-Based Green Cards
- Citizenship And Naturalization Law
- Immigration Services
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctor - 1994
- University of California, San Diego, California
- Bachelor of Arts - 1988
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association
- California State Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Justice Kathryn M. Werdegar, First District Court of Appeal of California, Judicial Extern
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Research Attorney