U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is closely monitoring the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. USCIS offers relief measures to nationals of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone who are currently in the United States. Relief measures include:
- Change or extension of nonimmigrant status;
- Extension of certain grants of parole made by USCIS;
- Expedited adjudication and approval of employment authorization for F-1 students;
- Expedited processing of adjustment of status applications for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens;
- Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications; and
- Waiver of fees associated with USCIS benefit applications.
These relief measures are not absolute; there are limitations and each case is reviewed on a case by case basis. Be sure to consult with a competent attorney to discuss the most appropriate relief measure for you or your loved one.
More information may be found here.