Legal Guidance For Every Step Of Your Immigration Journey

Contact Us Today

Book a

Contact Us Today
Book a
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Business/Employment-Based Green Cards
  4.  » EB-4 Special Immigrants (Including Religious Professionals)

View Our Practice Areas

Are You Seeking An EB-4 Visa?

Our Lawyer Knows The EB-4 Visa Process

The employment-based fourth preference (EB-4) visa category provides a pathway to lawful permanent resident status in the U.S. to a certain class of special immigrants. Depending on the situation, applicants may self-petition or be required to have an employer petition on their behalf. If you believe you qualify for an EB-4 Green Card, the San Jose immigration attorney at the Yew Immigration Law Group, a P.C. can help you (or your employer) file a petition and guide you through the U.S. immigration process.

Only 10,000 green cards in total become available annually for all the special immigrant categories combined. Add to that an immigration system that is highly complex, and you have a difficult application process ahead of you. Seeking the expert guidance of an EB-4 visa attorney in San Jose increases the chances of having your petition approved. Our San Jose law firm is fully qualified to handle your case; our immigration lawyer has extensive experience in filing EB-4 visa petitions. We can help you determine whether you meet all the criteria for special immigrants, as well as prepare the required documentation in an organized and convincing fashion.

Who Is Eligible For An EB-4 Visa?

The EB-4 Green Card is issued to religious workers, special immigrant workers who are employed by the U.S. government, and others listed below:

  • Religious Workers
  • Broadcasters
  • Iraqi/ Afghan Translators
  • Iraqis Who Have Assisted the United States
  • International Organization Employees
  • Physicians who have worked for the U.S. government abroad or domestically
  • Armed Forces Members
  • Panama Canal Zone Employees
  • Retired NATO-6 employees, or their surviving spouses and children

Religious Workers: What To Know

If you are applying to qualify as a special immigrant religious worker, you must be able to demonstrate the following:

  • You have a minimum of two-year membership in a non-profit religious organization that has a physical presence in the U.S.
  • You are seeking to enter the U.S. to work in a compensated full-time position in one of the following occupations:
    • A minister of that religious denomination;
    • A religious vocation either in a professional or nonprofessional capacity;
    • A religious occupation either in a professional or nonprofessional capacity; or
    • A bona fide non-profit religious organization in the U.S.
  • You are coming to work for either:
    • A bona fide non-profit religious organization in the U.S.; or
    • A bona fide organization that is affiliated with the religious denomination in the U.S.
  • You have been working for a minimum of two years in a full-time (35+ hours per week) religious capacity within that same organization, such as a minister or other vocational religious position.

The spouse and children (if any) of EB-4 Green Card holders may be entitled to join them in the U.S.

Make Your Consultation Today

If you’re considering applying for an EB-4 visa, contact our law offices today online or by telephone at 408-389-4764 for a case evaluation.